• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Thermostat removal

jfaub63

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
42 years
Snowmobile
2015 Pro S 800
Who is running their axys with out a thermostat? Of course you need to make sure it is warmed up good but have the operating tempatures decreased? Thanks

Removed mine this year. Should be fine as long as you warm it up before pulling out.

The AXYS cooling system is better than past 800 CFIs. Saying that, removing the T-Stat allows the sled to run cooler in low snow conditions yes, but running for extended periods of time in them low snow conditions the sled will still heat up. Just a little bit longer grace period. And if you run in low snow conditions regularly, the previous engines would run 15-20deg cooler.

Thanks for the help, Ive got the t-stat out at them moment , just reassemble with the seal?

Yup, been runninh without one all last season in both sleds and now this season. was just out riding last weekend and in the trail it stays at 111-116 and off trail around 106-109.

I ran last year. With the thermostat gutted just kept the lip to go in the seal and reassembled. Takes forever to warm up. I've also seen trail temps in mid 80s. I will be going horsey on my 17. Gonna drill a bunch of holes in thermo but leave it intact and then reinstall. Hoping to reach a medium with that method. Btw. I didn't have any trouble with gutted thermo just want it a lil warmer.

Lol not horsey. Damn auto correct. Meant half way.

Mine always runs 120-125 degrees, not worth the effort imo, mine has a pipe mod PC5 and clutching, at some point something tells the Ecu its cold and goes rich, 80f is to cold IMO

Mine always runs 120-125 degrees, not worth the effort imo, mine has a pipe mod PC5 and clutching, at some point something tells the Ecu its cold and goes rich, 80f is to cold IMO
I agree with u on to cold for running that, I can't see it ever that low with the Polaris cooling system and all the elbows .
Mine with t stat pulled ran the same temp and below,( maybe 5 degrees lower)

I got a 17 with a cat t stat and will give reviews when I run it

Mine always ran cool 120/125-127. With T stay in but I wanted to get it down around 105-110. And it did also run those temps and even reg. Temps but there were a few occasions (conditions just right maybe idk) where under crushing speeds it would kinda linger around 87-98. 98 I was ok with the 80s I didn't care for. I think the way to go is one of three. A - leave it alone. B - drill some holes in it . C - that cat thermo like Brock mentioned which I think is an 80 degree thermo. I wouldn't say taking it out is the best option at this point.

I agree with u on to cold for running that, I can't see it ever that low with the Polaris cooling system and all the elbows .
Mine with t stat pulled ran the same temp and below,( maybe 5 degrees lower)

I got a 17 with a cat t stat and will give reviews when I run it

Brock what cat thermostat u use?

Ive been running mine for 3k miles on both sleds and never seen it drop to 80. even in 2 feet of snow lowest it gets is 97. avg is around 110 in both sleds. you can definitely feel its got more pep when its below 125.

Back
Top Bottom