• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Thoughts on this new clutch prodcut from Bikeman?

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder

Whats your thoughts on this?

Bikeman Performance

•Decreases belt temp, prolonging belt life
•About 25 CFM above stock down low
•Up to 50 CFM above stock at full shift-out
•Constant cooling, direct on the primary clutch
•Billet aluminum construction, built to last
•Designed and built at our state of the art facility here in the USA

Compared to the inline clutch blowers, our CYCLONE never hinders airflow. Inline blowers generate more CFM than stock at idle, but once the CFM of the clutch housing goes above the CFM of the inline fan, the inline fan actually becomes a hindrance. This is why we went with a fan within the clutch housing on the primary clutch. Since the primary clutch always has RPM, the fan will always be generating airflow, constantly cooling. Our airflow increase over stock is about 25 CFM down low and up to 50 CFM at full shift-out. Above 250° belt life begins to decrease, above 300° you have minutes left and above 350° your belt explodes.

Cooler belt temps is always a good thing. This extra cfm must cost HP although it may be minimal. any idea how much this HP loss is?

Cooler belt temps is always a good thing. This extra cfm must cost HP although it may be minimal. any idea how much this HP loss is?

Not sure. I was waiting to see how it all pans out once its in production.

I would think the clutch would need to be rebalanced once this cover is installed. The original cover is indexed and is balanced with the rest of the clutch as a unit.

Last edited:
I like the design. Don't need to rebalance the clutch with this cover. I ran another manufactures cover last season without rebalancing with no issues. I've had my primary balanced in 2016 on my Night Lightning Pro S and my 15 Renegade and did not notice any difference before or after....including any sort of performance gains. I thinks it's a great idea for guys running more HP and RPM, but for a stock sled, the gains are minimal.

For me the main reason to balance is to help the motor from vibrating. 800's shake plenty from the big holes in the cylinders.

Indy dan had similar covers and everyone that had one had big problems. Yeah you definitely need to balance your clutch if you install one. It spins at 8,300 rpms you need the clutch to be balanced which the oem is done at the factory but changing the cover will throw it off. My opinion Polaris has the best clutch setup out there that just plain works don't screw it up with aftermarket pieces

Back
Top Bottom