• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Tips/common issues 14 Rush Pro R 800?

ningals3223

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2014 Rush Pro R 800
Picked up a 14 pro r 800 with 4300 miles this year. Coming from a 05 rev 600 that had 2300 miles, I'm thinking this sled will be a bit different to ride and maintain compared to the ol rev. From what I have read/been told the main issues with this sled is oil cap vent, oil pump ratio, and a-arm bushings. Wondering if there is anything else I should check over before this season kicks off? I know one of the front shocks is blown, carbides are still good, track is brand new, skid appears to be in good shape (will go through and grease it, check wheels, etc), I'll prolly pull the power valves out and check/clean them. Also I have 2 gallons of ski doo XPS synthetic oil left over from last year, does anyone think it would be an issue to run it in the Polaris? I've heard some folks don't like the VES Gold oil. Thanks

Get your clutch balanced and after align them

Tps is a must and the lowest spec setting the better

Seal airbox good

Use ves oil (Polaris) as it's the best for it

Make sure all exhaust is tightly sealed

There's some, I know more but I'm at work, lol

Checked compression, 125psi on each cylinder. Cleaned power valves, didn't look like they were ever cleaned. Dropped all four shocks off to get rebuilt. Adjusted TPS, was at 7.17mV fully closed and 9.22mV idle, now 7.00mV fully closed and 9.30mV at idle. Replaced oil cap with a new style arctic cat one. Gonna wait till I run it to adjust oil pump. Looked at pistons through power valve ports and didn't see any scoring. Going to change plugs, chain case oil, and grease the skid. A arm bushings had a little play but didn't seem too bad, so might wait and see how it rides before I decide to change them. Think I'm gonna wait till next year to do the reeds.

The biggest recommendation i have is to let the sled idle up to 100 degrees before touching the throttle....every start. Expect to have a fresh top end rebuild around 5,000 miles. Not expensive if you can do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom