• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Titan Speed Sensor

Milton Caines

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 polaris titan xc
2018 titan speedo all over the place. Speed sensor is behind foot well on throttle side.
Sensor cracked off . most likely due to snow being kicked in through the foot well. Didn't buy a new one just gorilla glued back together and worked ok. How many years they have been building sleds, and still making stuff this way! When I saw where it was located, my first thought was IDIOTS!!!!!

2018 titan speedo all over the place. Speed sensor is behind foot well on throttle side.
Sensor cracked off . most likely due to snow being kicked in through the foot well. Didn't buy a new one just gorilla glued back together and worked ok. How many years they have been building sleds, and still making stuff this way! When I saw where it was located, my first thought was IDIOTS!!!!!
Well sled started to bog out today like running on one cylinder. Would rev up nice when you punch the throttle but bog out instantly and not go above 5000 rpm on a jack stand. Changed plugs several times to no avail. Pulled plug wire off sparkplug on brake side and sled would shut down. Seems like spark issue. Took it to dealer and they replaced speed sensor and spark plugs. The speed sensor was broken . Picked up sled from dealer short run in parking lot and seemed ok. Drove sled home in back of pickup truck, left it there as it was raining. Next day off loaded sled and drove approx 500 feet and sled bogged out again Grrr. Took it back to dealer and they said speed sensor broken again/ snapped off. Replaced again and sled runs good. Conclusion; minimal room between sensor and plastic belly. Rain buildup in this area and when moving sled flexing cause sensor to break. I would suggest checking this area preride; it is located behind footwell throttle side next to brake rotor. Maybe drilling small drain hole would help as melting snow may also contribute to ice buildup. Hope this helps someone. Cost me $320 first visit and $250 the second time.

Back
Top Bottom