• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Warning

Pelti Assault

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris assault 2017
Hi
Just want to warning you to check your safety pins on your torsion spring on your Assault 17 !
They put a R pins to hold the safety pins and when you ride they Rpins get off and results you lost your safety and if you hit ice,rock or branche the spring get off and hurt your track and body :((
Just append to mine last week and today I see a another Assault and no more safety left side !
Maybe change your Rpins for a cutter pins most be a good idea:)

not sure where this pin is

IMG_1478.JPG

Hi
Just want to warning you to check your safety pins on your torsion spring on your Assault 17 !
They put a R pins to hold the safety pins and when you ride they Rpins get off and results you lost your safety and if you hit ice,rock or branche the spring get off and hurt your track and body :((
Just append to mine last week and today I see a another Assault and no more safety left side !
Maybe change your Rpins for a cutter pins most be a good idea:)
Thanks for the tip.

They have used them since the Switchback Assult's came out in 2011. Maybe that was a fluke thing.My old assult I sold a few months ago has spent most of its life off trail and in the mountains and never had an issue. I have a lot of buddies that have Assult's too that never had the issue. I'm just saying it's not a common issue for those that might be scared by reading this thinking there is an issue.

Its still a dumb clip

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

You guys all have the clip installed wrong. You need to push the clip on until the pin is in the end of the circle, not in the middle. Common Polaris knowledge.

Thats cheesy also then it can flop around. Mark up the rail

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom