• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Water pump seal install tool

Mmcclure22

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1999 rmk 600
Hi, I'm a new guy to this forum and have a question that hopefully someone help me out with. I am rebuilding the water pump on a 1999 RMK 600 and it sounds like the seal requires a special tool to install it properly. I can't find the correct tool online. Can anyone point me in the right direction to locate a tool or if there is other suggestions on installing the seal without damaging it? Thanks

If you have access to a lathe you can make one in a couple minutes out of a piece of thick wall tube. Or, what most people do is use a deep thick wall (impact) socket that fits the outside perimeter of the seal. Put a little silicon on the OD of the seal.

If you have access to a lathe you can make one in a couple minutes out of a piece of thick wall tube. Or, what most people do is use a deep thick wall (impact) socket that fits the outside perimeter of the seal. Put a little silicon on the OD of the seal.

Thanks for the advice. I used the impact socket and it will go on the pump shaft up to a certain point. I pulled the seal back off and there is a small rib on the inside of the shaft that is giving me crap. Is that rib normal?

The shaft is stepped, not sure if that's what your getting stuck on.

Back
Top Bottom