• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

What have riders noticed that had to be addressed for warranty issues on their 2017 Assault?

Bigfuse

Staff member
Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
50+
Snowmobile
2020 IndyXC 850
I had a wheel bearing, code, leaking exhaust donut at the Y pipe, the rubber bumper that goes on the pipe is squashed pretty good on mine, and if you look carefully you'll see on the right side when sitting on the sled that one of the fuel lines is rubbing against the aluminum part of a coolant hose. The fuel line is made out of some plastic material and that is where my coolant line is rubbing and wearing. Anybody else find any issues that should be addressed while still on warranty? Post them up.

So far I've only had to claim a headlight that filled with condensation and water that stopped working. I'll also be taking it in to have break light fixed (tail works). I've got 1200miles on and should have 1800 after the weekend.

I'll also be checking the items you listed. How many miles have you put on?

Good thread! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I've only had to claim a headlight that filled with condensation and water that stopped working. I'll also be taking it in to have break light fixed (tail works). I've got 1200miles on and should have 1800 after the weekend.

I'll also be checking the items you listed. How many miles have you put on?

Good thread! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only managed to get a little over 1750.

2820 miles on mine right now and I've had the steering post bushing replaced. Now I've got the rivet issue and my dealer has pics of it sent in to Polaris. Just waiting for a reply. Over the weekend my friend Jeff and I noticed his rivet is gone/broken completely off. Something's up with this issue....

2820 miles on mine right now and I've had the steering post bushing replaced. Now I've got the rivet issue and my dealer has pics of it sent in to Polaris. Just waiting for a reply. Over the weekend my friend Jeff and I noticed his rivet is gone/broken completely off. Something's up with this issue....
On the bold. I'd almost seriously consider betting the farm on that issue. I checked my rivets and so far so good. Thanks for reminding me about the steering post update as I forgot about that.

I rode with a buddy Friday he has a 17 assault like mine,
He might have burnt down a piston (pto side) no compression
1200 miles. We were on some ice earlier,he said temp never went over 165 , he was on the handle bar when it went , and we did have a lot of snow dust, when we pulled the hood there was snow build up by intake seam,
Someone said something about a "tape " upgrade ?? Tape the seems???

I rode with a buddy Friday he has a 17 assault like mine,
He might have burnt down a piston (pto side) no compression
1200 miles. We were on some ice earlier,he said temp never went over 165 , he was on the handle bar when it went , and we did have a lot of snow dust, when we pulled the hood there was snow build up by intake seam,
Someone said something about a "tape " upgrade ?? Tape the seems???
There's a seem between the intake plenum and the air box. There was an update for the 2015 that I had but no tape on my 17.

I m thinking I'm going tape mine , I haven't heard what my buddy found out about his piston yet , but I'm going to be proactive

Back
Top Bottom