• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Wiping down the Matryx models ... WTH?

Bontz

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
40+
Snowmobile
2022 XCR 650 (if it ever shows up!)
My sled is actually collecting dust because:

1. I don't have snow to ride on yet
2. I'm reluctant to wipe it down due to the finish & scratching up the plastic!!

So what's the deal? One of my buddies took delivery of his sled (back in late October) and it was like they used a dirty, gritty, old rag to wipe it down and you can clearly see the fine scratches. Fast forward to this week, and I'm seeing guys bitching about the same problem - even when trying to use a microfiber cloth. I normally spray my sleds down with Pledge (yes, Pledge!) and wipe down with microfiber ... but I'm not doing anything right now. If anything, I may start looking to see if a graphics shop can design a simple wrap and just wrap the damn thing.

I think Polaris really dropped the ball with this one ... just when they were really starting to climb the "fit and finish" ladder to get on par with SkiDoo.

My intent is to put a ceramic sealant on as soon as I get mine, it's such a hard finish I hope that prevents any scratches.

My intent is to put a ceramic sealant on as soon as I get mine, it's such a hard finish I hope that prevents any scratches.

I saw other guys talking about that too, but it pisses me off that we'd even need to do that consider the price tag of these new sleds.

Don’t worry about it guys. It’s a toy. A tool for fun if you will. They aren’t show cars or national treasures. They won’t be worth shit in 2 years anyway. Just like any other sled. Lol

Lemon pledge. I buy the cheap 3 packs off Amazon. You will never go back to anything else. D’oh I just read your full post. Yes the plastic marks easily just like a doo.

Back
Top Bottom