• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

X springs on pro-s?

Jesusfreak

Curious if anyone has made the change to x spring(s) and has any miles on that setup?
Considering doing both track springs because I'd like to firm up the ride for when the trails are trashed, which is often here on the weekends. I'll be about 230lbs. dressed this year and I have had some bottoming out at times in the past.

Let it snow!!!!

Are you bottoming out front and rear? Of mostly rear?

Actually the X spring in the rear is becomming a standard recommendation for people over 200 pounds.

The hygear recomended upgrade is the same 150 pound rate as the X. They have a nice delrin sleeve that stops the spring from rubbing on the shock body too.

The dual rate spring setup they have for the center is nice too.

Mostly in the RTS, but have also in the FTS with those unexpected big hits when riding hard and fast...Sled2

I bought a two up seat and backrest for my Adventure.
In the kit they included the Pro-X 150 # rear track spring. My sled has Fox QS3 shocks, the rear is a coil over air shock. I won't need the spring, it's for sale.
PM me an offer.

I think if you just slap the X spring on the S it is going to be way over sprung for the valving your going to want to get it valved also

I tried the x spring on my s last year. it did help with the bottoming out but the ride quality suffered(I'm about #210). I have all my shocks at monster getting revalved at the moment andwill be switching back to the s spring.

I sure feel it's rider specific. I will be testing the X spring in the rear with a dual rate from Hygear in the FTS position. I have had some re-valving done on the front shock to increase the rebound. My issue is sag with the stock spring. I am way into the spring already when just sitting on it. With having it at the max RTS for the S spring, I felt I need more. So I have installed the 150# and only have it set to 1/2" pre-load. Now when I sit on the seat the sag is much less. The proof will come when the snow flies if I can dial it in for my weight. I hear all the bad about the spring and wonder how my buddies that have it in their X or two up Switch's don't see to think it's bad at all.

On a side note, my dealer installed it for me gratis. I have always had the "rub" on the RTS body. They now installed a sleeve on the body this time. I have not seen reference to it on the parts fiche.... so I am wondering if this should be made available to everyone since I have heard this is a problem for some on the Rush. Looks similar to the Hygear sleeve but definitely not the same.

They were on the 17's at Milwaukee show. It is listed in the online fich. Babbitt's shows it as $18.85

1800133 WEAR SLEEVE

Thanks Dave - I looked a while back but did not find them. Dealer installed it this summer, and it may have not been on the fich when I looked it up after I noticed it. Did you happen to see what they were priced at?

Thanks for the wisdom and input, looks like I will contact hygear about possible revalving the rear.
Honestly, I don't think you could improve on the front end but I just find the rear-end a little on the soft side, thanks again.

While talking to hygear, ask them about their dual rate twisted springs for the IFS.
I had a set on my Indy, and transferred them to my switchback for this season. Kinda the best of both worlds. Compliant over the smaller stutter bumps, and they firm up in the last to 1/2- 2/3 of travel for the nasty stuff.

Thanks everyone i talked with hygear today and they were great with many recommendations and package options to consider. Will definitely be doing business with them when I get it tore down.

Rabbi I thought you posted "over there" that the center spring collar or something would not fit on your Adventures shocks?

I did.
After calling Hygear, they instructed me to remove the collar, install the upper (soft) spring and adjusting sleeve.
Then reinstall the collar and assemble the rest of the spring parts.
The dual rate springs fit, they are reinstalled, and I'm ready for winter.
BRING ON THE SNOW!!

Back
Top Bottom