• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bogie Wheels

Waylander

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2014 Polaris Switchback Pro-R 600
Greetings everyone I'm new to this forum.
I just got a 2014 Switchback Pro-R 600. While going through the machine I have been replacing bogie wheel bearings. I noticed that on the end of the rails there are 3 wheels. 1 each on the outside of the rails and 1 on the inside of the rails off to one side and none on the other side. This seems off balance to me. Does anyone know why Polaris did it this way? Has anyone tried to add another wheel to balance things out. It seem easy enough to add a wheel and I bought one on Ebay with this in mind. Any reason not to do it??? It seems 2 wheels on the outside and 2 on the inside will make thing stronger.
Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Attachments

• Rear.png
    Rear.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
Cost. All the mfr's have cheated on this one in some models hoping no one would notice.
Polaris added it back on the 17-21 AXYS XCR in this style skid. You are going to need to source the spacer (#12 in that diagram) from that XCR skid in order to space those center wheels apart properly.

Back
Top Bottom