• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

02 800 xc so set up?

Livnonthedge

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
02 800 xc sp
01 700 Classic
97 ultra spx
I aim looking for some clutch and carb set ups for my 800 xc the sled is new to me and I just finished the top end(Pistons,cyclinders,ss exhaust valves) now I'm going through the clutch.i mainly ride trails so what are some set ups to point me down the right trail
Great site think snow

Get the slp torque strap, check your motor mounts first though.

I don't know your elevation so I can't comment on carbs set up.

For gearing, the 1.71 works very well for this sled with a 1" to 1 1/4" track .

What track do you have?

Since your in Michigan your above sea level is around 1000' +

For your carbs.
Synchronize them by feeling both are at same spot at wot. Proper cable slack too.
You can easily go down 4 main jet sizes and go up 1 pilot jet size. I used to run 8 sizes lower with my air density meter .

Make sure air box is snug to carbs and seal all joints with rv sealant.

I don't know your weight or riding style to comment on clutching?

Still has 1 inch track my weight 220
Semi-aggressive rider

I had SLP clutch kit on mine and it ripped. Make sure you get the clutch balanced they are known to loose PTO crank bearings. Run 93 in the premium mode for hotter timing. Mine was an 01 and they were jetted very rich not sure about 02 i leaned mine way down like 10 main jet sizes. They were really rich and poorly clutched and got bad reputation as slow but if you get them tuned right they run awesome

Still has 1 inch track my weight 220
Semi-aggressive rider

Advance timing 1.5 degrees.

Jetting is a must.

Get your clutch balanced.

Track tension 1/2" free sag after its warmed up on Jack stand.

1.71 gear ratio is perfect for fast trail.

With your weight/elevation. I'd start at 70 grams, 120/310, 0.015" belt to sheave. Align clutches.

Secondary, silver/blue, 4th hole on a Dalton 50/36 helix.

Slp big horn air kit ,Flo rites and a pipe. Their head was good too.

V force reeds.

Thanks for the info who should I send my clutch to for balancing,I also need to have the spider turned down to get to .015 sheave spec and still leave a spacer under spider

Thanks for the info who should I send my clutch to for balancing,I also need to have the spider turned down to get to .015 sheave spec and still leave a spacer under spider
There has to be a place in your state that balances clutches?
Any help people?
I use cv tech in Quebec.

I talked to Dan at Indy specialty he's going to set my belt clearance and balance
Thanks again for the replys

Back
Top Bottom