• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

'15 SWB 800 summer upgrades wanted.

RDJOHN

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Since 78 onn and off
Snowmobile
2015 Polaris Axys Switchback 800
2005 Polaris Fusion 900 50th 136"
And many others
Sled season is 6 months away!

Had a really good 17/18 season looking to do some summer upgrades for a bit more for next season

2015 Axys Switchback 800, rides great & runs great! Did most all of what was suggested by the knowledgeable guys here.
Ride 80% trail 20% off (ditches, fields, 2 tracks, no deep through the trees stuff)
Weigh 235 with gear

geared to 23/40 1.74
Primary spring 120/310
Dalton adjustable weights at 69.2 grams (1.9g at tip, 1.3g at heel)
Secondary spring 140/220 + 2 delrins
Helix changed to 50-44 full progressive
Composit Talon T38 137" 1.5" track with 96 Stud Boy Super-lite pro double backers
Gates belt

Only got 92-94 mph gps (decent snow not hero & was 25-33 degrees F) running 8100-8400 depending on weights and secondary spring setup, it gets there quick. backshift is a little bit high (but a great fast tight twisty trail setup)
I'd like a bit more top end, buddy has AC XF800 141" and tops out a couple mph faster but I beat him off the line nicely.

What do you guys think of machining primary for overdrive, adding a bit more clutch weight, and I have questions if helix I'm running is right for my riding style.

Looking for answers to why I'm not faster top end as most post they are in the 105ish range after doing what has been suggested. Another friend has a stock '12 SB 600 and he tops out higher on the lakes (Believe me I don't want to hear about that again!)

Thanks RDJ

IMHO, helix and primary wts are hurting you. Full season of fighting a clutch kit in my own has me thinking 68g wts plus 48/44 is the hot ticket.

how many miles? I would check motor mounts over really close and replace with the newer design. It only takes a little bit of engine movement which changes center to center to effect clutching especially top end.

Personally, found increased vibration (most prevalent at idle / low RPM) more than I'm willing to put up with the newer / harder mounts. Would much rather replace softer stock version more often.

Back
Top Bottom