• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

16 Pro S jerky start

Stephen Rude

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Titan XC, 2014 Polaris pro r 800, 2022 Skandic SWT 900
My wife's 600 Pro S is unable to start off smoothly and often the track spins, she gets stuck, I get frustrated... we cannot get that machine to start off smoothly. My 800 pro R is very responsive and I can feather it along nicely. I've taken it back to the dealer and they were no help. I took it to a mechanic, no help. I've changed the belt, it's adjusted right, it's clean. I'm about to sell it and get her something different. Any ideas?

Somethings apparently binding on start off in either the clutches, brake, chaincase or suspension.
What did these mechanics look at when you brought the machine to them?

No idea, I'm an Aircraft Mechanic but I'll thoroughly understand these clutches before long and see if they are binding. I'm 80 miles from the nearest road so I need to know how to work on them. YouTube here I come...Thanks.

Someone posted the service manual on dropbox, that'll have everything you need to know

I assume it does this when you are riding it as well? So its not a case of too much ski pressure or anything like that?

No, once it gets going it runs great. It must be something to do with belt engagement.

I wouldn't rule out the chaincase, might be worth pulling the cover and double check everything is ok. I assume you've been keeping up on the chain tension. The tensioner is just a plastic shoe, its possible it got smoked. The roller bearing one out of the older sleds can be retrofitted into these too, if its gone.

That’s a point that I had not considered. I’ve been bringing it to Polaris for service but are they really getting everything done? I need to educate myself.

Back
Top Bottom