• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1976 electra 440

Nortrider

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
1994- now
Snowmobile
16 pro s ltd
My father bought a Polaris electra 440 brand new. After all the years of riding and neglect I started fixing it up a little bit here and there. The track is cleated and some of the rivets are pulling thru and also would need to replace some of the cleats. Since it an 18 inch wide track I'm having a hard time finding cleats for it. I would prefer sending it out and having it all redone so I wouldn't have to mess with it ever again. the rubber is in very good shape just the cheats and rivets are bad. Also the pipe joint off the y pipe is bad and loose and deformed after all the years. When I take the pipe off and shake it I hear some rattling in it like something is broke and loose inside of it. Wonder where I could get a better pipe and possibly a tuned pipe for added power. I do ride a lot on club rides and would want it to be a good performer. any info would be great!

Have you tried ebay or snowmobile salvage yards?

Yes, I have tried ebay and other places that have salvage parts and collectors also. Some of the parts I have found are in the same shape if not worse. Not sure on what to do. I wonder if the twin pipes that came on a 75 tx 440 would work? I took the track off and brought it to the local dealer and they are going to try to locate new cleats and get the track back into shape.

Give Dave at Snow Shack a call 715 536 6077

Back
Top Bottom