• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1989 Polaris Indy Sport GT

Josh Fuhrer

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2010 Ski Doo Renegade Adrenaline 800r
Hi guys, I'm new to this site, so bare with me. My dad has a 1989 Indy Sport GT. It started fine, then ran fine for about a half hour. Then it would start to bog. Eventually it gets to the point where it doesn't move anymore. I took the carbs to a shop and had them cleaned in an utrasonic cleaner, then reinstalled them. Put brand new spark plugs in, and I have spark in both cylinders. There is also gas coming into both cylinders, but it was only running on the right cylinder. I started it then shut it off maybe 3 times over a time period of 2 hours. All of a sudden, it was running on 2 cylinders. The very last time I ran it, if you could get the rpm's above 3000, it would run fine, sounded like on both cylinders. If I let it drop below that and didn't touch the throttle, the rpms would get lower and lower, then stall out. ANY info or tips would be much appreciated, as he has spent over $500 on mechanics, and it still doesn't run.

Did you ever figure it out? Mine had similar symptoms, sat in the back of a shed and now I can’t figure it out at all. I’m thinking of opening the engine at this point

Back
Top Bottom