• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1997 Polaris 700 SKS bogs and quits

Mondovi

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1997 700 sks
Bought the sled this weekend. After riding about 20 miles the sled bogged and quit. Looking around I saw the choke had come out of the carb. Got it screwed back in put in a new set of plugs and was able to get it off the trail. Now it will run about 5-10 bogs and quits. It seems if I open the choke when it starts to bog it will clear up and then bogs die.
Any easy things to check ? Was fine till the choke came out.

Thank you in advance

Have you cleaned the carbs?
Yep. Cleaned carbs, installed new gas lines. I was so sure I had it. Exact same thing happened. 7-8 minutes it did it again just like before. I now think its electrical. Like maybe a coil, cdi box gets hot and no spark.

Have you dont a compression check? Also how many miles on the sled?

Clutching would cause it to die while sitting still?

It could its its trying to engage but usually not. To me it sounds like the choke is not working correctly and could be stuck on or the pilot circuit is plugged.

It could its its trying to engage but usually not. To me it sounds like the choke is not working correctly and could be stuck on or the pilot circuit is plugged.
And you maybe right. I was riding it when it bogged and died the first time on the trail. The choke has come unsrcewed out of the carb. I finally got it back in. It started right up. Then like 7 minutes later died. Got it back to shop. Did all the previous mentioned and 7-8 minutes later same thing.

And you maybe right. I was riding it when it bogged and died the first time on the trail. The choke has come unsrcewed out of the carb. I finally got it back in. It started right up. Then like 7 minutes later died. Got it back to shop. Did all the previous mentioned and 7-8 minutes later same thing.

I had one that choke was not working correctly and fought that sucker and then once fixed I was like WOW, that sure runs nice.

I had one that choke was not working correctly and fought that sucker and then once fixed I was like WOW, that sure runs nice.
I sure hope I have same results. Sad part is we probably wont have enough snow to ride on. Guess the sled will become a rain day project when I cant be out on the Harley. Thank you for all your help

I sure hope I have same results. Sad part is we probably wont have enough snow to ride on. Guess the sled will become a rain day project when I cant be out on the Harley. Thank you for all your help

Very true.. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom