• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1997 Ultra SP brakes and suspension

Maine Rider

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1997 Polaris Ultra SP
Hi new to this site, greetings from the great state of Maine!!

I have a '97 Ultra SP I just pulled out after not running for 3 years. It was burning up belts so I changed the primary clutch and seems good to go so far.

I am however having 2 other problems 1: the brakes are super tight, bled them once but still tight. Also the brake handle is somewhat loose. I'm assuming that I should try bleeding them again but if that doesn't help, what's the next move?

2: the suspension does not rebound properly. I'm assuming that the front shock needs to be either replaced or rebuilt and the rear shock needs to be replaced. When I have it all apart should I also replace the rear torsion spring?

1 more thing, it turns hard on the trail, the skaggs aren't great but wondering if the front suspension needs to be tweaked to my weight (220) the guy who had it previously weighed like (150) If so how do you adjust the front suspension?

Back
Top Bottom