• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1998 RMK Oil pump problems

nomorecash

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1998 Polaris RMK 600
Any help will be appreciated! IS there a method to bench test the oil pump or service the pump? I followed the manuals instructions, let the motor idle, hold the oil pump control lever in the most open position and then you should see drops of oil coming out of the lines. I did this on the shortest line from the pump and it did drip every few seconds or so as described. But when I tried this on the long hose I couldn't get any oil to get into it. For the short line I was able to get suction on the line and draw oil into the hose, and then the pump pushed oil out once the motor started. For the long hose to the engine, I applied suction to the hose but no oil flowed into it, and no oil was pushed out once the motor started. I am nervous because I just rebuilt the engine because a main bearing burned up on the previous engine, probably from lack of oil and I don't want to see that happen to a new motor. . . . I am surprised that there are no schematics that allow you to take the pump apart and service them, it sounds like these oil pumps are "bullet proof", yet..... I have learned from my searches that a new pump maybe very hard to get, and I am nervous about a used pump. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom