• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2001 Polaris 800

Kevinhs

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2001 Polaris EX SP 800
The sled is very hard to pull start. I've read a time or two that a different recoil may be available to make it easier.
Is this true or is it someones imagination?

That was the first year of the 800 twin and they are unfortunately a bitch to cold start. The 02 and newer sleds have a decompression port machined into the cylinder to make starting easier.
Never heard anything about a recoil modification, about the only thing you could do is add a electric coolant heater to preheat it if you ride from your house.

That was the first year of the 800 twin and they are unfortunately a bitch to cold start. The 02 and newer sleds have a decompression port machined into the cylinder to make starting easier.
Never heard anything about a recoil modification, about the only thing you could do is add a electric coolant heater to preheat it if you ride from your house.
A coolant heater! I never thought of that. I'll have to see what's out there. Thank Ya!

Polaris used to sell one, not sure if they still offer it or not

Yup. I had one. They pull over like a truck. Keep an eye on your recoil rope.

Back
Top Bottom