• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2012 Pro R P65 -PbS - Pb5 on Digital Display

Bigcds68

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2012 600 switchback
Dealer replaced engine and now the display has CEL and P Brake lights on and Pbs or Pb5 or P65 displayed. I purchased a used unit and it has the same issue. I don't want to buy another if there is another underlying problem. I read post from 2013 and 2014 on HCS 1 person replaced the display and it resolved the problem and 1 that it did not. I'm hoping someone has more information. The dealer says Polaris has never seen this before?

Attachments

• 20122812.jpg
    20122812.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 191
I would start by checking and cleaning all the wiring ground points to the frame. Weak grounds can make electronics do wonky shit.
The fact they never seen this before kinda leads in that direction.

I just got in the garage tonight. I’ll start checking all connections and verifying grounds. Thanks for taking time to reply. ill update my findings here.

Last edited:
Just realized there was a motor swap done that caused this. Would unplug every connector that they could've touched and look for pins being pushed back or damaged. Also look for crushed/pinched wires along the harnesses.

Just realized there was a motor swap done that caused this. Would unplug every connector that they could've touched and look for pins being pushed back or damaged. Also look for crushed/pinched wires along the harnesses.
Well I've been through every connector and confirmed every ground. Tested every switch. No issues. It must be the display.

Found this over at SnoWest, doesn't sound good but does explain why both gauges are doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom