• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2012 SBA 800 won't move..

BeaverMeadowBeast

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2012 Switchback Assault 800 (144")
Looking for any suggestions on where to start. My 2012 Assault 800 will not move when on the ground. Track spins free when the rear is lifted up but when I put the sled down and try to take off it is almost like the brake is on. I did just install the heavy duty rear springs but was very careful to make sure I put the suspension back together properly. Nothing back there is hanging up. Slides seem ok, track is perfectly aligned, and I tried loosening and tightening the tension..still nothing. Where do I start? Clutches? Chain? Thanks for any input.

Only thing that comes to mind is maybe the middle shock in the skid flipped around and is hung up on the driver nubs. If you didn't check that already.

Something is hanging up??

I would spin track by hand when up on stand to see what’s going on( take belt off and turn key off)

Check that your belt isn't stuck down in your secondary. That'll make it do what you are describing. Belt change tool possibly forgotten in the clutch.?

Back
Top Bottom