• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2014 Switchback Assault Oil Leak

Burch

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2014 Polaris Switchback Assault
Hello All,

New to the site, looking forward to contributing when I can.

However, I would like to start with an issue I have with my 2014 Assault. Seems it has an oil leak.

I noticed a small leak on the garage floor winter before last. Only rode about 40 miles that year, started a new job and snow was weak...same again last winter (only another 40 miles). Noticed another spot on the floor. I bout the sled new, and it has around 1500 miles on it now.

The first time I figured it was oil left over from summer prep. Oil is clean, but not enough on the floor to tell if it is WD-40, or fogging oil. It is not black or dirty like from exhaust valves. Coming from the right side belly pan, maybe I missed the injection oil fill hole, but I tend to be pretty careful with that.

Here are a couple of other things:
- I moved the sled in August or so, when I noticed the leak. There is not any "spot" under the sled in the new location in barn.
- Injection Oil tank is nearly full.
- I wonder if in only leaks when running?

Is this an issue with 800 Assualts? First one I have owned, great sled!

Thanks in advance!

Burch

Back
Top Bottom