• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2014 switchback assault problems. Loses power

Blake DeRycke

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2014 Polaris switchback assault 800
I have a 2014 switchback assault 800 and sometimes when I'm at about 80mph the motor just cuts out but if I let off the throttle then I can keep going if I get back into the throttle. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas what might be causing it.

Thanks

I have a 2014 switchback assault 800 and sometimes when I'm at about 80mph the motor just cuts out but if I let off the throttle then I can keep going if I get back into the throttle. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas what might be causing it.

Thanks
Blake, I'm having the same problem with my 2014 Assault 800, I'm running in ethanol mode runnig none ethenal premium, I wonder if the engine is going into a leam mode.

I responded to Dennis post in the pro ride section...

Various things to check.
1st and simple, check to make sure your plugs are snuggled up good. Plug caps on tight?
When’s the last time the fuel filter has been changed?
Are you running fresh 91+ octane fuel?
Any pipe or other mods, are you running a PCV?
Have fuel pressure checked.
Take the pump out of the tank and have a look at the fuel sock see if it’s clear and also check the pickup lines make sure they are in one piece.
Check your RPMs at this speed, possible it’s over revving, past 8600??

O
I responded to Dennis post in the pro ride section...

Various things to check.
1st and simple, check to make sure your plugs are snuggled up good. Plug caps on tight?
When’s the last time the fuel filter has been changed?
Are you running fresh 91+ octane fuel?
Any pipe or other mods, are you running a PCV?
Have fuel pressure checked.
Take the pump out of the tank and have a look at the fuel sock see if it’s clear and also check the pickup lines make sure they are in one piece.
Check your RPMs at this speed, possible it’s over revving, past 8600??
Outcast thanks for the reply: I don't think it's a fuel issue, the sled completly cuts out and when you let off of the throttle it runs fine. This problem has been from day 1. The dealership could never find a problem. I use 91 prem. non ethenal. The sled only has 1600 miles. Seems to me to be a sensor or ECU problem. No codes come up, no warning lights.

Did they check the TPS, like go through the full process according to the Shop manual?
Pull your ECU plugs out and check for any bent pins.
Swap out for a known good EGT probe as well.

Back
Top Bottom