• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 pre inspection

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Has anyone checked their sled all over yet. I like to get a head start and be ready. Got my updates at dealer done. Found 2 bad wheels and 5 bearings gone.

I toke out all the non greasable sleeves to check and clean(suspension). Surprisingly they were in good shape. Cleaned and finely rubbed grease then installed .

Had to replace all exhaust gaskets and a primary clutch under warranty.

Just small things after that.

What was wrong with your clutch? Seems like the idlers wear pretty fasts will have to keep an eye on them. Did you get a new pipe/muffler last year warrantied?

What was wrong with your clutch? Seems like the idlers wear pretty fasts will have to keep an eye on them. Did you get a new pipe/muffler last year warrantied?
The primary clutches along with other things needs better QC. The spider tower clearance is excessive in a lot of them. Anywheres from 0.008-0.010. Should be no more then 0.003".
This is why you hear a lot of the 800 axys chatter at idle. This kind bind if if to excessive.
When I toke my primary apart to set the belt to sheave clearance properly. I noticed half the threads missing on the spider. When taking apart you do have to clean alm loctite off fixed sheave before backing out jam nut or spider. If you don't, so much loctite is put in there from factory you can ruin threads.
On mine, threads were gone on bottom half of spider from factory.
I got one under warranty.

No pipe,muffler or y pipe. Even though my y pipe has a hair line crack. I complained and got nothing. So I welded it myself.

Back
Top Bottom