• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 SB with 13500. Would you be afraid?

Rob in Ottawa

I found a SB in with 13626(km??) for a price I can afford.

the ad says (in french)

PRO S POLARIS Switchback 800 2015 , 13626 km , NEW TRACK DONE , REVERSE , ELECTRIC STARTER , ENGINE TUNE UP DONE , IT HAS AS MANY KM AS IT DOES BECAUSE A LOT OF TRAIL RIDING TO TEST TRACKS , IT IS IN PERFECT CONDITION AND HAS MANUFACTURER WARRANTY UNTIL 1 December 2015

That's the highest mileage I have heard of on an Axys. The price is right but how worn is everything else.

Were is this , Quebec??

That's a little over 8400 miles.

That's not important, find out engine hours.

There has be quite a few with 5000 to 6000+ miles this past winter. Good for Polaris.

I will tell you that this is the best 800 polaris has ever built.

But, 8000+ miles. I would check cylinder (measure tolerances). If good hone it.
Put in New pistons for sure( even if it doesn't need it). Check crank seal on pto side(leaks)

Replace drive bearings on both sides.

Check motor mounts.

Replace non greasable bushings in suspension of needed.

He is checking on Monday and will call me back. They are camopolast testers so the machine was driven daily testing tracks a week at a time. i wish my french was better, I bet there is a lot of information to be had from him.

Track tester ,Hmmm........
Sounds like a dream job to me.
Kinda like being a factory test rider.
Getting paid to do what you love to do anyway.:)

I'm curious about this.

Let us know what you find out(only if you feel like sharing)

:D

I went to Magog QC today and picked up a switchback. I got there to look at the one they listed with 13500km. They had another one too. it had 9300km, so I bought that one. It was at the Camoplast (Now Camso) development center where they design and test all the Camoplast tracks.

Long story short, it has 144hrs. purchased february 12 and 6 weeks later had almost 6000 miles, what a cool job. Apparently the Ice Attack was everyone's favorite trackon the trails.

Now what do I do to it. it has warranty until February, drive it and do a top end in Feb, do it now, or run it for the season?

It has new track, sliders, carbides, sprockets, plugs, belt, spare belt, and GPS/original cluster.

That's a cool story.

I wonder why they chose polaris axys to test??? Maybe they chose more that we just don't know???

It's good to see lots of axys 800's with lots of miles. I've seen some with 4800,5200 and 6000 miles plus too. Good for Polaris, they built a good 800 .

If it was my sled,I would take y pipe off, inspect pistons, for blow by, ringlands, do compression cold and hot.
Take primary off, take off pto crank bearing side plate and inspect seal for excessive oil leaking.
Check drive bearings, inspect/replace. Also, jackshaft bearings.
Check everything over basically for peace of mind .

Once any 2 stroke gets 6000 and above. It should be checked over .

Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom