• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2018 IQR thoughs

Polarisman2018

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Nothing right now
I have the oppurtunity to buy a brand new 2018 iqr 600r. Price is 6500. Is that a good price for what it is. I not looking for a trail sled jist a heavy duty ditch banger is the iqr a decent sled for that. Should i stay aeay fron the race motor? Thanks guys

Did you book it on NADA and KBB.com?

6500 is usually what they all ask for left over race sled. Race sleds get out dated fast lol. The racers pay about 8500 for them depending on how much support they get from polaris. I had a 2012 I got threw the race program. I trail rode it for 4 years. Put a 12 gallon trail tank on it. Jetted it rich. It has a timing advance selector I turned that all the way down. Run best gas you can get 93 probably. I used klotz octane booster added to that. And of course you need to premix. Get a mix ratio bottle and a back pack to carry oil. The motor was very reliable. actually the whole sled was very reliable. You could crash it and flip it back over and go lol. As hard as you can ride is nothing compared to what they are built to take. Some states won't let you register them as they are not EPA certified and not supposed to be ridden except for closed course racing.

6500 is usually what they all ask for left over race sled. Race sleds get out dated fast lol. The racers pay about 8500 for them depending on how much support they get from polaris. I had a 2012 I got threw the race program. I trail rode it for 4 years. Put a 12 gallon trail tank on it. Jetted it rich. It has a timing advance selector I turned that all the way down. Run best gas you can get 93 probably. I used klotz octane booster added to that. And of course you need to premix. Get a mix ratio bottle and a back pack to carry oil. The motor was very reliable. actually the whole sled was very reliable. You could crash it and flip it back over and go lol. As hard as you can ride is nothing compared to what they are built to take. Some states won't let you register them as they are not EPA certified and not supposed to be ridden except for closed course racing.

Thanks for the input man. I ended up biying it today, very impressed with it. Plan on doing everything you said with trail converting and whatnot, but would ot be easier to mount an auxillary tank on the back instead of the trail tank? Also what would you recommend for jets, im from MN not much for evevation here. Thanks

I went with the tank as I wanted something comparable to the other trail sleds not be messing around with a fuel can, drilling mounts into tunnel ect. With the tank I just filled up at gas station when everyone else stopped. Dumped oil in and then filled it up They are a little tricky to fill they have vent on the back that needs opened. I went for clear tank so I could see how much fuel was left they make a fuel gauge version also I think.

As far as tuning, I had a 2012 so they have changed them big time since then. Google Polaris race tips. On Polaris’s web site they have tons of must know info about them.

Back
Top Bottom