• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2019 Line Up!! Thoughts?

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
These color options are cool:
switchback-pro-s-color-block.jpg

Really liking this new motor:

850-patriot-engine-tile-lg.png

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobile-engines/850-patriot-engine/

Really digging the Pro-S
850-switchback-pro-3q.jpg

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles/850-switchback-pro-s

I ordered up a tripple black 850 (837 ?) Indy 129 looking forward to trying it out........... and destroying my lawn nxt fall.

I want this one
Yep, one COOL looking sled. I'm still trying to wrap my head around an AXYS Indy. For years it was either an AXYS, or an Indy, not both. I think the morphing of the two is one of the smartest moves by Polaris in a long time.
This sled is going to be a huge hit and make Poo a lot of money.

This is the nicest over all lineup in years. IMO. Only thing missing is a 4 stroke, for those that like that sort of thing.

I say, if it takes more than 2 strokes, you're doing it wrong or she needs to be hotter. Not trying to be mean. Just stating real life facts here. :)

Nice color combos. Nice paint on the rails, spindles and tunnel, "hot" but mature graphics all the way around. No bad engine choices.

Every manufacturer has something real nice this year and dropped some cool sleds without too much annoying hype. It feels like something in the air has changed.

Every manufacturer has put out a big $ effort (Just existing is a big effort for Yamaha. Not being sarcastic, just fact) in a way that says they must feel pretty optimistic about the future and/or high corporate priests are actually letting them run the company normally. That's big.

If you forced me to stick with only 1 manufacturer and buy only 1 sled I could find something from anyone of them that would make me very happy. How long has it been since you could say that? 1999?

That has to be good news

I am going to have a real hard time not getting an INDY 850, but I've got some other places that my cash needs to go. Hard hitting acceleration is a factor for me, I can make the suspension work with adjustments and rider ability, so I think it may be better for me to wait and see how against the DOO 850s in the similair skid length.
I suspect this INDY will walk away from the DOO 850, but need video proof!

Eddie, I think the 129 track regardless of lug height isn't enough. I am sure you read the debate "over there". Less lugs to stud on a 129 vs a 121

Yup I have been reading that topic.
But also consider the skidoo 850 comes in the 129” Chassis.
There’s a dealership about 4 hrs away from me supposed to have one the end of the Month. If he does, then I’ll bring all 3 of my sleds over and run them against the INDY 850.
That will Be the deciding factor for me.

I am going to have a real hard time not getting an INDY 850, but I've got some other places that my cash needs to go. Hard hitting acceleration is a factor for me, I can make the suspension work with adjustments and rider ability, so I think it may be better for me to wait and see how against the DOO 850s in the similair skid length.
I suspect this INDY will walk away from the DOO 850, but need video proof!
The 800 in assault and shorty form do a pretty good job against the doo 850 now. Other than the top speed advantage of the doo, good running 850 doos and 800 poos trade wins in most typical trail cases. Up to 90 it was a toss.

So as long as Polaris didn't drop the ball in some way, I imagine the 850 Doo is going to get brutalized by the new 850 Polaris no matter what form it's in.

Yup I have been reading that topic.
But also consider the skidoo 850 comes in the 129” Chassis.
There’s a dealership about 4 hrs away from me supposed to have one the end of the Month. If he does, then I’ll bring all 3 of my sleds over and run them against the INDY 850.
That will Be the deciding factor for me.
Keep us informed.

800-rush-pro-s-3q.jpg
View attachment 2417 I just snochecked a 2019 pro S 850..black and orange...cant beat the four year warranty. Cant wait for next season....Might sell my 2009 dragon sp 600...5500miles, very clean and runs great...any thoughts on price??

Last edited:
View attachment 2419 View attachment 2417 I just snochecked a 2019 pro S 850..black and orange...cant beat the four year warranty. Cant wait for next season....Might sell my 2009 dragon sp 600...5500miles, very clean and runs great...any thoughts on price??

I would say the way the market is for used sleds anything you get over 3 grand I would take it. This time of year, $2500. Face it, the sled is 10 years old now.

Back
Top Bottom