• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2019 Voyageur 550 won’t start

Rooster Cogburn

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1994 Polaris Indy Sport
2019 Polaris Voyageur
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2019 Voyageur 550 that won’t start, I started it up periodically during the off season, and now that the season is here she won’t fire. It’ll run a little bit if I dump gas down the cylinders but once that burns it’s done. I put new plugs in it lots of fire no start. It doesn’t seem to be getting gas. The good news is my 1994 Indy sport purss like a kitten and the 06 fusion dragon I had and sold to my father and law runs great but the brand new one just laughs at me.

If it's carbureted they could be gummed up along with the fuel lines especially if fuel containing ethanol was used.

Pull the fuel lines off the carbs, turn it over and see if you have fuel pumping to that point. Fuel pumping out of the lines = Dirty carbs and/or stuck needle & seat. No fuel pumping out = faulty fuel pump, pick up in tank is off, dirty filter, etc. Take the fuel lines off and check for fuel first and let us know what you find.

Hey guys! Thanks for the help, sorry for the late reply. Tonight I took the line off going from the pump to the left carb. I took my air compressor and pushed a bit of air through the line, while doing this fuel vapour started coming out of the air box. Once I pulled my air hose out a couple drops of fuel came out of the line I pulled the sled over and she started pumping, I put the line back on and fired it up, it ran on one cylinder for about 100ft then she kicked in and away we went. Purrs like she should now. My dog followed as I passed my camp he gave up and hung out there until I came back then followed me home. He’s not as fast and agile as he used to be, sled though she’s mint! Thanks again for the help

Just ran into this problem today. Put new plugs in and will not start. Plugs are dry. Pulled fuel line into the pump. Its dry. Saw some articles about pickups in tank falling off or rotting. Filled tank to over half and it runs. I guess at this point I will siphon the tsnk back down and take out the fitting going into the tank to see if the pickup hose and filter is there. Does this sound right for a 2019 Voyager 550 fan?

Just ran into this problem today. Put new plugs in and will not start. Plugs are dry. Pulled fuel line into the pump. Its dry. Saw some articles about pickups in tank falling off or rotting. Filled tank to over half and it runs. I guess at this point I will siphon the tsnk back down and take out the fitting going into the tank to see if the pickup hose and filter is there. Does this sound right for a 2019 Voyager 550 fan?
I honestly wouldn't bother, that sleds too new to have line rot issues. The majority of those problems are with sleds that were built before ethanol became mainstream in the mid 2000s and the lines disintegrate from not being compatible.
Any carb machine is a pain to get reprimed when the system is dry, as you found out they start much easier once the fuel level is near or above the tank fitting so you dont have to try and pull the fuel as far.

Thanks sounds logical. I just could not get it to pull fuel. I guess I deserve it for letting the machine sit for a long period with half a tank. Got busy and diid not top it up. I might syphon it down and run it that way for a while today just to make sure. We run it in very remote areas. Would be a long walk to get help if it ever did this on the trail.

Never hurts to double check but I'd be surprised if there's a problem. Shutting off the fuel when its going to sit for a long period would also help to prevent the tank from losing the prime.
Wouldnt hurt to dose it with some SeaFoam or K100 to clean up any gunk that may have formed from sitting too.

Back
Top Bottom