• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

600 fuel milage

rigidone

I saw this question asked on another site. I was not to keen on the responses as they were all over the place, 9-10mpg and 14-16mpg.

So in normal conditions, at an average pace what's your guys experiences???I would be happy with 14,...but 9mpg is dismal..

Never really calculated it out but I was always about 6 to 7 litres better than my buddy who rides a Ski doo 600 ho short track at fill up and this was with the 600 pro r switchback.

Interesting. I was getting 16-17 with my Nytro but a much smaller tank 7.5 gallons So still better range with the 600 and 12 gallon tank. Still a win win for me

I could barely get to 85 miles on my small 7.4 gallon Nytro tank while riding it hard. Now my 800 H.O. Axys gets well over 120 miles, cause I have done it. While riding hard and beating it up! My wife's 600 got around the same fuel mileage I did. After I think it was 126 miles I put in 8.6 gallons and she put like 7.8 or something like that, but very close. And my wife doesn't ride no where near as hard as I do! So either the 800 gets awesome gas mileage or the 600 Is down a little. Either way they can go to 120 miles without to much worry! And I was riding it very hard!

That's nice. Getting over 100 miles on a tank would be a nice changed. Lol

That's nice. Getting over 100 miles on a tank would be a nice changed. Lol

Even when I was riding with the guys and running it hard as hell I had over 100 miles on a tank of gas. And I went on my furthest run this year was 274 miles, and my oil was just over the add oil line. So I know I can do around 400 miles on a tank of oil too. Which I thought was just great!! I had polaris Dragons, then switched to Yamaha for awhile two Nytro's and a Vector for my wife. Those were great sleds. Then I got a 2014 Yamaha Viper with a MPI turbo and had some issues with the dealer and some other ones, so I ordered a 2015 Pro X and I love this sled!! To me it's awesome!

How is the belt life for the 600? It's terrific on yamahas

How is the belt life for the 600? It's terrific on yamahas

Lol....well that's one of the reasons I got rid of my Viper, I went through 4 belts in like 500 miles. My 800 Pro X has 2040 miles and the belt looks great and brand new. And the 600 has 1500 miles and the belt looks great as well!! So no worries there, so far! My 2007 Polaris Dragon 700 went 6300 miles on the stock belt, I blew a piston after changing the head, before the belt went. I think Polaris has great belt life!

That's good to hear. As for Yamaha belt life. I meant real yamahas. Lol

That's good to hear. As for Yamaha belt life. I meant real yamahas. Lol

lol...i hear ya!!! My Nytro got 7200 miles on one belt and i sold it with the original belt, still had a brand new one in the bag, same with my wifes Vector, she also had over 7000 miles on original belt.

cool, thanks guys. I'd be happy with 14ish. When I read 9-10 I was like WTF!!!!

Well it's how you ride it too, if I'm beating the crap out of it for 60 miles. I might only be getting around 10 MPG, but that's every sled! But riding it nicely and just crushing through the trails I'm sure there up there with the e tec. I went with a guy with a 800 e tec and my 800 H.O. He put in 8.6 gallons and I put in 8.4 gallons. Now he made the comment well I didn't fill mine up all the way at the stop before. I just laughed...lol... There all pretty close to the same when ridden the same.

I saw this question asked on another site. I was not to keen on the responses as they were all over the place, 9-10mpg and 14-16mpg.

So in normal conditions, at an average pace what's your guys experiences???I would be happy with 14,...but 9mpg is dismal..

Yep, 9-10 is normal if you are not riding like a pussy or are breaking trail. You aren't going to get as good of mileage with a 2-stroke but then it also won't handle and weigh as much as a garbage truck like Nytro.

Back
Top Bottom