• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

600 motor?

timebomb

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
‘16 SB 800 Pro S
being my first polaris sled i have decided to go with the 600 motor. coming off a nytro will this motor be comparable to the nytro motor? will i be dissapointed? everyone i have talked to said it will definetely feel different but will be just as strong. i would love the 800 but thats alot more $ and for my riding the 800 isn't necesssary. anyone have the 600? how do you like it?

Timebomb I have had two 600 rushes. I now have the Yamaha 1049cc engine. The pull will not be near as good as the nytro engine but top speed will be Comparable. The torque is where the nytro motor helps out even with the extra weight.

I have ripped around on my wife's 600 Pro S and it's comparable. It has the snap in the corner to corner, but I think it has more top end! I had a Nytro, Vector and a Viper and the 600 would be a little slower in a drag race until 75 MPH then I think the 600 will start to pull on them. But the Pro S is so much more fun to ride it just feels faster, in the trails and corner to corner, way easier to throw around!! Much lighter as well! Maybe a good clutch kit and you will be right there where you want to be!!

Cool. Thanks for the input. That's exactly what I want, something fun and easy to throw around off trail

Cool. Thanks for the input. That's exactly what I want, something fun and easy to throw around off trail

I ride a 600 Pro S SB and i love it, i can handle it much better than my 2010 Vector LTX GT and its so much lighter, i don't hold up my husband and his friends no where near as long, in fact i keep up pretty good! I love the Pro S and its a lot easier to ride off trail as well! I think the 600 is fast and has great mid power!

The 600 is the most reliable liquid cooled motor Polaris currently makes. It does really well but a Nytro feels stronge . I used to have a Nytro years ago and I don't miss anything about it. That big motor was like a giant gyroscope and made it hard to throw around the sled. I got a 600 and felt like the front end was 200lbs lighter. It was a night and day difference. My 600 handled and rode so much better than my old Nytro that I was pissed at myself for putting up with the Nytro for as long as I did. There is a reason Polaris is known for having the best front end. Just ride one and you feel it first hand. It is awesome!

while I agree the 600 c.f.i. is probably the best motor Polaris makes? the 600's from 2009 up aren't as strong as the 07' c.f.i. 600 was. the 07 has a tad longer connecting rod's. this was a fast motor stock. 129 h.p. strong. the 600 in the axys is 119 h.p.- 121h.p. maybe? and the compression on these new 600's is 110 p.s.I.? the 07' is 125 p.s.I.? still the 600 Polaris is better then a nytro? it's too heavy period. great motor but I can not get over the weight. a gaint buzz killer. I have a 2012 600 pro-r with a RKT drop in kit in it. this pushed the 600 c.f.i. power over the 07' this sled hits 103 every time I go wot. before it diid 97 mph. the power is at 8350 rpm up from 8100 stock. great power increase for cheap really. will know more when snow returns? will be hunting all 600 c.c. sleds for side by side testing and video's of the results.

Back
Top Bottom