• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

700 xc fuel lines

Hunter DeMario

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
indy 700
Looking for help running fuel lines in a 2000 indy 700 double. I got the sled with the carbs off of it because the previous owner was going to clean them but never got to it. I have gone through the carbs and replaced all the fuel lines as I found them. My only question is where exactly on the carbs the supply and return lines go, and how exactly the lines are split in order to go to both carbs. This is my first sled and I cant find any info on how to run the lines anywhere else. A simple picture of how the lines are run would solve my problem and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've attached the diagram from the service manual below. It's a supply only system, the carbs are fed individually from the fuel pump. Keep in mind that its only a low pressure lift pump to keep the carb bowls fed.
Also how are the lines themselves? If they are hardened up and not flexible anymore you should replace them entirely, otherwise they will eventually crack/split and you'll have a fireball between your legs.

1701227651139.png

I forgot about the smaller vent lines, those just hook up to nipples that are on the airbox. I might be able to dig up a diagram for those if you need it.

I've attached the diagram from the service manual below. It's a supply only system, the carbs are fed individually from the fuel pump. Keep in mind that its only a low pressure lift pump to keep the carb bowls fed.
Also how are the lines themselves? If they are hardened up and not flexible anymore you should replace them entirely, otherwise they will eventually crack/split and you'll have a fireball between your legs.

View attachment 11737
this is what i needed thanks I replaced all the lines and the filter i just wasn't sure if there was two lines for each carb. So as I can see the nipples on the bowls don't connect to anything?

If you are talking about the one facing down off the bottom of the bowl, thats a connection for a water trap. Should be a 4 or 5" piece of hose with a plastic plug off each of those so any accumulated water that may settle out from the bowls can be drained.

Back
Top Bottom