• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

850 engine failures

2275badbike

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 switchback
Currently riding a pro s switchback 850 love the sled! motor ( after clutch work ) is an absolute screamer .
when I was riding in northern wi a couple weeks ago and noticed that there is a lot of rattle that almost sounds like spark knock .
kinda got me thinking back to the edge 800 days when we played a lot with jetting , always ran egts and the sled , in stock form ran lean in the mid range.
I have a dynotech research subscription and thought Id do some looking at the dyno sheets for the 850 , in this case vr1 850 was on the dyno . the afr looks pretty lean in the 6800 to 7500 range 14.7 - 14.8 . wondering if the strick epa standards are making the sleds run so lean that they will seize.

I duno , just stuff I thought of.
btw the tuner that had it on the dyno had it richened up in that range to about 13.4 sled liked it a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom