• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Any edge riders out there?

Brett

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015 Indy SP LE 600
2005 XC SP 600
1996 XCR 440 SP
1989 Indy Sport 340
This is my girlfriends 2005 xc sp 600
image.jpg

me & my bud got into sleds 4 years ago, we got an old timer & his wifes 2004 xc 800s one with 1,400 miles & the other with 1,900 miles along w their trailer for $7,500.. they run perfect, all we had to do is clean the power valves annually & grease fittings. we also changed crank case fluid this year just to do it. we are old quad & mx riders so we beat the crap out of these sleds & love to hammer the throttle coming out of turns & top out when possible. ours only top out around 96 mph which is plenty fast but I assumed they did over 100 mph. im getting a switch pro S 800 next fall because I'm tired of feeling every single bump & tired of jumping to the left or right when hitting a turn hard, & sitting so low yer knees feel like they are gonna explode by the end of the day. I'm 41 & my back/spine is the rear shock on the old XC & that adds up after a long weekend of riding up in Maine. with the old sleds u waste a lot of energy just changing positions & leaning going into turns, & ya have to exaggerate yer weight shifts cause the clunky heavy old sleds dont respond with subtle movement, so ya gotta jump to the left jump to the right blah blah. after a lot of research I'm all over the pro S 800 for next year. But having said all that, for $2,500-$3,000 an older Polaris XC w low miles is an awesome machine!

My daughter on the left five years ago that is her Edge X 600 the Black and yellow in the back ground. She will not part with that sled to this day.

Attachments

• 2102cc43_n.jpg
    2102cc43_n.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 371
Heck ya.....04' XC800 with a few goodies......

Hey guys, I have to replace the starter on my 2004 xc 800, it looks like I have to take off the exhaust manifold. do I need a replacement gasket on hand or do those typically stay intact. im having a hard time finding a replacement manifold gasket (just incase). please help fellas

thanks
Duke

You do need one yes. There supposed to compress from 0.070" thick to seal properly.
You can't find one????

I'll look when I get a chance .

hey I found the manifold gasket, now my other question is, do I have to take drive clutch off? it looks that way & my buddy who has all of the mechanical skill is skeptical about the clutch situation, I'm going on utube now to look but I'd love some advice, thanks guys

Duke

One thing to check when you have the manifold off. Clean the mating surface off and check for warpage.
They were known for warping/ cracking. An easy way to straighten it is to find a piece of glass ( A poor mans flat table). Lay a sheet of 100 grit sand paper on it and draw the manifold over it in all directions. Periodically check it with a straight edge and feeler gauge. It should clean up nicely.

went to dealer to pick up the manifold gaskets & figured I'd ask how much theyd charge to do the job if I provided the parts.. they gave me a fair price $135...I'm providing the 2 manifold gaskets ($15), & a new aftermarket starter for $60 (the dealer price was $300 for the OEM starter) sweeeeet!

This is mine! '02 XCSP600 with just over 5k miles. Love itn but ready to upgrade to a new Indy!

Attachments

• 20150131_102725.jpg
    20150131_102725.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 371
2004 xcsp700 mintshape ,5330 km lady owner,i have ownership.$2000 needs nothing but a cover.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 495

Back
Top Bottom