• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Assault clutch tuning

trey4x4

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 Assault
Out of the gate I swapped the 2.0 for a 1.75 backcountry and 21/41 gears. Put a Jaws pipe wIth NSRICK'S clutch kit. It wouldn't pull the 68's to the RPM jaws recommended, it would with the 66 but so did stock. I wasn't happy with the jaws pipe and the stock one seemed to run better so I sold it. I tried Rick's clutch kit with stock pipe and I believe stock clutching is better. Fast forward a few days and now I have the Bikeman Y-pipe, pipe, trail can, tune and clutch kit. Clutch kit is 165/310 primary, 140/220 secondary, and 48/44, 50/44 helix. I'm running the 48/44 and it feels lazy on the trail. Goldstars are 3,2,2,2 for 70.5 and it pulls 8200 but doesn't feel as good as stock. Where do I go from here?

First get ride of those weights. Slp magnums seem to be working very well for some.
I'm running a 48-44f 155/222 in mine and is very responsive. 120/310 primary with SSI weight loaded 3,0,2. Stock pipe. Comes out at 8150 and builds to 8400.

Mine does have a 1.352 cobra though. Heavily studded. 48/44 might be a little too much with that track but I would swap out those Goldstars first.

Last edited:
Second the gold stars being the problem. Went through this on a buddies sled and other guys. Put them aside ,trust me. They won't work . It's the profile.

Get a set of Dalton adjustable weights as its a proven profile and simply just works .

Did you order the clutch kit straight through us? Sounds like you got a short track clutch setup instead of the long track setup which would explain the laziness in the trail. If you ordered it through us shoot me an e-mail at neal@bikemanperformance.com so I can get it sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom