• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Battery Drain

Dr. FeeLGooD

Wife has 2011 600 Switchback with electric start we bought new. Last couple years has been killing the battery while parked. She is selling it and I would like to try fix it. I youtubed measuring current but that doesnt seem to work for me, meter shows 0A. I measure voltage between the negative post and the negative cable (disconnected) and come up with 11.5v I do the same thing with the same battery on my Yamaha Nytro and reads 12.5v Are there any typical problems with Polaris sleds that I could look for? Thanks.

Wife has 2011 600 Switchback with electric start we bought new. Last couple years has been killing the battery while parked. She is selling it and I would like to try fix it. I youtubed measuring current but that doesnt seem to work for me, meter shows 0A. I measure voltage between the negative post and the negative cable (disconnected) and come up with 11.5v I do the same thing with the same battery on my Yamaha Nytro and reads 12.5v Are there any typical problems with Polaris sleds that I could look for? Thanks.

Have you tried kill switch off and key out to be sure nothing is on? Apex and Nytro if key is left in the on position and kill switch on will still drain the battery when in storage.

Back
Top Bottom