• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Buying a new sled. By Price or local dealer?

Doug

So when you buy a new sled do you shop around and look for the lowest price or support your local dealer even through he may not be the lowest price.
I support my local dealer even through they are a smaller dealer and may not be the lowest price. They've supported me well in other area's other than price that are worth it to me.

Dealer all the way, although I don't deal with local. They are not the cheapest but the most trustworthy, hell a couple times I've even forgotten to ask the price till I pay for it. And like you the extra support and service makes up for way more. I find one that treats me right and they get my business. Other places that treat me like a dollar sign get treated the same from me

Local no brainier. If I shop around I'm not saving that much. When I was younger and had to stretch every dollar, then I'd say shop for the best deal. My last three sleds came from the closest dealer to me. They came down on the price of the sleds without me even starting the price game and the amount they came down I believe was more than fair.

I have 3 within 25 minutes of me. I have a good relationship with all of them. I buy parts etc from them all. One I don’t buy sleds from because his prices just dont work for me. The second I buy more parts from and would buy a sled from because they offer me great pricing on sleds and parts always a notable discount from them. The 3rd I do buy my sleds from and the most parts etc I’ve helped them out they have helped me out and we developed a friendship beyond business . They give me family type pricing and red carpet service. For me it’s all about relationships. But I do try to spread the butter around a bit to each just makes sence to support them makes life better for me there is s better chance one of them will have what I need . These dealers are the reason I’m a poo guy because I’m not really brand loyal I’m dealer loyal. I’m not driving an hour to buy a doo from guys I dont know when I have 3 poo dealers right here that I do know. Same with cat the one dealer 25 minutes away is good I like them but I like options. And I don’t want to travel for them

I buy local. They’re not a big dealer but they treat me great. They always give me a great deal. I priced around last fall when I wanted to trade my 19 xc 850 for a new unclaimed VR1 and the next closest dealer is a mega dealer. The mega dealer quoted me $3500 less for my trade in than my local. I have an excellent relationship with the owner, and all the staff. I own a small engine, ATV/snowmobile repair shop and whenever I need parts for a Polaris, Cub Cadet and Stihl, I buy my parts from them. In return they send me customers and give me staff discounts on parts/accessories.

So when you buy a new sled do you shop around and look for the lowest price or support your local dealer even through he may not be the lowest price.
I support my local dealer even through they are a smaller dealer and may not be the lowest price. They've supported me well in other area's other than price that are worth it to me.
LOL this is a good one glad you bring it up !
Dealer A your dealer is 10 minutes from me .
Dealer B my dealer 40 minutes from me .
Dealer A hey do you have such and such part nope cant believe i dont i can order it tho
Dealer B hey do you have such and such part yep we will speedy deliver it !
Dealer A hey i need a price on such in such sno check , i give him a shot every year !
Dealer B hey i need a price on such in such sno check , 1200 -1500 cheaper then dealer A
Dealer A hey i need my ECU flashed , yea sure drop it off and we will call you when it done .
Dealer B hey i need my ECU flashed , you know where the computer is have a ball !
I believe dealer A isnt even local to you so im not sure the thought process behind this one ?
yes in this day and age it is so important to have a good dealer specially one that can keep you on the snow , winters are so short !

LOL this is a good one glad you bring it up !
Dealer A your dealer is 10 minutes from me .
Dealer B my dealer 40 minutes from me .
Dealer A hey do you have such and such part nope cant believe i dont i can order it tho
Dealer B hey do you have such and such part yep we will speedy deliver it !
Dealer A hey i need a price on such in such sno check , i give him a shot every year !
Dealer B hey i need a price on such in such sno check , 1200 -1500 cheaper then dealer A
Dealer A hey i need my ECU flashed , yea sure drop it off and we will call you when it done .
Dealer B hey i need my ECU flashed , you know where the computer is have a ball !
I believe dealer A isnt even local to you so im not sure the thought process behind this one ?
yes in this day and age it is so important to have a good dealer specially one that can keep you on the snow , winters are so short !
WOW just asked a question didn't amply anything to any dealer. Your oil cap still lose.

WOW just asked a question didn't amply anything to any dealer. Your oil cap still lose.
Nope wasent loose to begin with but the cat one works much better , I didn’t apply any dealer either just giveing an example.

Another vote for one that's local vs. the cheapest/least expensive. I have 3 Polaris dealers near me, with one of them being one of the largest in the US (M&M out of Pine Island, MN). I deal with the smallest (and closest) guy, who's treated me awesome since I switched from Cat ... and his prices are also the best. The only other consideration I'd have is if I kept my sled at my brother-in-law's place all the time since we primarily ride up there. If that were the case, I'd buy from the dealer up there.

Back
Top Bottom