• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutch parts

sdcc

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 SBA 800
I have read a LOT about clutching the new Axys 800 SBA.... I want to put together my own parts to have the best all around clutching, that will last as i put on 2500 miles a year.

Id like the parts to be readily available and not secret specs. I don't mind getting them from different suppliers.. I'd like adjustable weights also.

My Sled: 2018 SBA 800 Spring ordered with 1.6" Cobra

I'm riding below 3000' 20% trail, 80% off-trail.

Thanks.

I should also say this is my first Polaris...

I've ridden Cats for the last 10 years and have clutched all of them.

So if ur a off trail guy first place I would start is a Team Tied secondary, much quicker back-shifting for your type of riding.plus its just a better functioning clutch. But most guys wont want to shell out 250.00 for one considering you have a new clutch. I would run one strait angle on one side and slight progressive on the other ramp for adjustability ..and stay with 10 series weights..

So if ur a off trail guy first place I would start is a Team Tied secondary, much quicker back-shifting for your type of riding.plus its just a better functioning clutch. But most guys wont want to shell out 250.00 for one considering you have a new clutch. I would run one strait angle on one side and slight progressive on the other ramp for adjustability ..and stay with 10 series weights..

Your right i can't justify a new clutch on a new sled.... Maybe in a couple of years.

So non adj weights?

What angle helix, and springs?

Last edited:
You can still run adjustable weights that are 10 series profile.. Dalton or CPC or the new BMP,which are the same as the others except the additional magnet adjustment in the tip
46-42 full on one side and like a strait 40,41 or 42 on the other, if your going with the adjustable weights you can taylor around your helix choice.
you have your stock one,plus I would have on hand 140-200, 140-220,and 155-222..

I've been messing with ski doo for years and older polaris before that. So I missed the boat on understanding the team clutch.

I have a potentially dumb question.

Could you give me a quick rundown on the twin trax? Why are there 2 sides with different angles? Can you choose a side? Or one side is reverse?

there are two different angles on each ramp,for adjustability and the reverse notch is cut in each angle,but you must make sure at the end its stamped ER..for electronic reverse. so example 50-44ER, or 58-44.36ER

So different angles on each ramp is like having two helixes and you can choose ramps by how you assemble it?

correct, two different angles that you can change trail side cuz the spring stays put,just pull helix out and rotate to other cut and go..

I have read a LOT about clutching the new Axys 800 SBA.... I want to put together my own parts to have the best all around clutching, that will last as i put on 2500 miles a year.

Id like the parts to be readily available and not secret specs. I don't mind getting them from different suppliers.. I'd like adjustable weights also.

Thanks.
If I were you. What you mentioned as 20/80 riding. I'd stick with a 10 series profile weight that's adjustable and that's made by Dalton Industries. You need a lighter tip weight for your type of riding you discribed. (Keep revs up)

All the parts are available from different companies as said in here in multiple threads and everyone will share on here .
Doc has some great stuff as many others. I'll help were possible too .

I think you'll love the poo once you get it dailed in Div20

If I were you. What you mentioned as 20/80 riding. I'd stick with a 10 series profile weight that's adjustable and that's made by Dalton Industries. You need a lighter tip weight for your type of riding you discribed. (Keep revs up)

All the parts are available from different companies as said in here in multiple threads and everyone will share on here .
Doc has some great stuff as many others. I'll help were possible too .

I think you'll love the poo once you get it dailed in Div20

Great Thanks! I'm really excited to get this sled! Here's what I'd like to know.

So I can use Dalton 3W
What springs?
And what cut on the helix?

Last edited:
If you're gonna do the tied secondary, then doc has the info on that.
I do stock and prefer the P2 secondary.

I use team springs, Polaris springs, slp springs, speedwerx springs, etc

Best thing you can do is have you're primary balanced and machining is a plus too .

Lots of options and all available to buy each part yourself

Thanks.

I'd be geared in the 1.8's for sure for you're type of riding and track lug .

You're probably going to need Dalton QAP 2's or 3's
Primary needs indexing for belt to sheave. Most use gates and like the price and how it works. Then get it balanced ( good to machine it too for best performance)
A 120/310 primary spring is a great choice.

The secondary, there's nothing better then the P2 and tied for back shift . Up to you?
Since you're 80% off trail , you need instant bachshift all the time . So a full progressive helix is a must . On the stock secondary a 46/42 full progressive helix with a 140/220 should work fine

Primary needs indexing for belt to sheave. Most use gates and like the price and how it works. Then get it balanced ( good to machine it too for best performance)

The secondary, there's nothing better then the P2 and tied for back shift . Up to you?
Since you're 80% off trail , you need instant bachshift all the time . So a full progressive helix is a must . On the stock secondary a 46/42 full progres

Since you're 80% off trail , you need instant bachshift all the time . So a full progressive helix is a must . On the stock secondary a 46/42 full progressive helix with a 140/220 should work fine

Thanks Brock! I was looking for confirmation on what i was thinking after doing a LOT of reading on this and other forums...

I'll have to wait to see what it has for gears when i get it.

I think I'll leave the clutch indexing alone unless its really out of wack.

What should i get for the second angle on the helix? i would be for the weekend or 2 we do long haul trail riding... I was leaning towards 42...

Back
Top Bottom