• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching for Pro X

hirevn

2015 RUSH Pro X 800, has 1.86 stock gearing for the 1.75" track and SLP Pipe/can.

Here is the clutching details my local performance shop is suggesting for 0-2000' aggressive trail performance. They have a great reputation on there kits but i see nothing close to these specs here in the other clutching threads, thought i would get some opinions from the experts here.

Let me know what you think.

Primary
150/340
MTX 71g with 2g in the heel and 1g in the tip
Belt to sheave .015" with gates belt

Secondary
160/240
60-44-36

I don't like the big spring tension ex specially with that gear. If you have mtx already I would put 3 in tip and leave mid open, 120-300 spring in primary, 50-44 full with 140/200. IMFASTER ran this last yr except for the gearing.8300-8400 on the slp by the way. He was running SSI pipe mod too

Thanks for the advice Dr, I do have this kit installed already but have yet to try it. The helix is a dual so it has the option to run it at 60/42.36, would this be any better?

Edited helix number in this post.

Last edited:
Strange, very reputable shop that sells/installs tons of kits. The AXYS RMK guys loving there mountain version of there clutching from the reviews i have read. I will have to question them about the spring rate/helix choice they use and see what they say i guess. I will atleast give it a good ride to get a feel for how it performs before switching/sourcing my own parts.

I did post the wrong info on the helix in post 4 , its second groove is a 60-42-36 .
http://is.gd/NUpB5r

That's really hard to believe, just saying , you would hardly notice anything, except for a lot of revs and no performance

I went ahead and pulled out the SLP recommended clutch chart that came with the pipe kit. Very similar with the higher spring rates like the kit I have now. Only thing is SLP is just using the stock helix for 0-3000'.

SLP kit primary
160/340
71g with 2g in heel and 2g tip

Secondary
140/220
Helix stock

I will probably get an order placed for a 120/300 primary, 140/200 secondary and that 50/44 so I can get some back to back riding in with both set ups. Might even find a different weight set so I don't need to deal with rivets, looks like I will be getting in to these clutches more than I was hoping lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom