• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Dura Flex Scratchers

Bigfuse

Staff member
Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
50+
Snowmobile
2020 IndyXC 850
How many on here are using them, where are you mounting them, and how? My rails are pretty scratched up and wearing from them. Where are you guys mounting them and how are you protecting the rails from getting wear marks in them? Also mine randomly will somehow get back up on the rails or come off of the rails and really make a mess. :mad:

I bought a set and also the plate's for the rails. Never mounted them for fear the plates would eat the red paint on my 15 Anniversary AXYS.

Ed, I don't have an answer as to how to keep it from happening, but mine will occasionally pop back up on their own when deployed down. As far as keeping them up when you want them up, I use zip ties to secure them, and a side cutters on board to cut the ties when you want to drop them down.

In over 800 miles down on my Indy they have stayed down

I use them. Cut some hose in half and zip tie it on top of rail where you hook scratchers up on rail. Mine stay up no problems even hard riding. I bought the Gottaway mounts look him up on hard core sledder no drilling required

I use them, they work great, I don't hook them on the rail , I use a zip tie and leave it (loose ) when deployed then just hook back on the zip tie loop when up , seems to have less stress making for less bend memory, I have 1200 miles and only replaced 2 zip ties

Thanks for the tips guys. Zip ties it is. Div20

I use them. Cut some hose in half and zip tie it on top of rail where you hook scratchers up on rail. Mine stay up no problems even hard riding. I bought the Gottaway mounts look him up on hard core sledder no drilling required
The Assault rail is totally different from a Switchback rail.

On the Assault there is a guy from Maine that makes mounts to fit the Assault without drilling holes. (( ONE RIG DESIGN )) Look him up online if interested. Mine are Black but I think he does other colors? These ones are molded plastic

On the Assault there is a guy from Maine that makes mounts to fit the Assault without drilling holes. (( ONE RIG DESIGN )) Look him up online if interested. Mine are Black but I think he does other colors? These ones are molded plastic
Just checked out the site. The mounts to mount them to the rail are fine but when the scratchers are not in use you have to hang them up on the rail which is what my problem is.

Just checked out the site. The mounts to mount them to the rail are fine but when the scratchers are not in use you have to hang them up on the rail which is what my problem is.
one rig design also makes rail guards for both spring and cable scratchers

I bought a set. Never used as 850 doesnt get hot so seemed like a waste to me. If looking for cooler temps try different snow flap.

My buddy has a 2020 XCR 850 and it runs a little below 100 and as high as 102. Mine runs around 125
I bought a set. Never used as 850 doesnt get hot so seemed like a waste to me. If looking for cooler temps try different snow flap.
What would you recommend for a different snow flap? I put a different flap on my 17 Assault and it made a heck of a difference. Thanks.

My buddy has a 2020 XCR 850 and it runs a little below 100 and as high as 102. Mine runs around 125

What would you recommend for a different snow flap? I put a different flap on my 17 Assault and it made a heck of a difference. Thanks.

Definitely go with the 2018 and newer SKS snowflap if your going to change your flap, it’s worked wonders for my ‘17 Assault and everyone else that’s switched that I talked to. As for your scratchers look into Between the Lines Design company, they specifically sell duraflex scratchers and make a hook that clamps onto your rail for when not in use, they work great in my opinion and I’ve never had an issue. I have them both on my Assault and the wife’s Pro-S.

Back
Top Bottom