• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Electrical Cut-Out when revving - Please Help!

Seahunter

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2008 Trail Touring
My '08 Trail Touring Edge (550) starts & runs great! The battery is getting charged &, at idle, the lights are bright, the Tach works.
But .... rev it up a bit (the exact rpm varies) & the lights go dim (on battery power only??) & the Tach drops to zero.
There is precious little information in my Genuine Service Manual about checking the charging circuit, the stator.
I don't want to rip it out if not needed.
Any ideas about the problem would be GREATLY appreciated.
Any information about checking or measuring the charging circuit would be excellent (EC55PM).
Thanks all in advance.

Voltage regulator is bad, same symptoms I had when the one blew in my 2000.
Spend the money for the OEM Polaris one, the aftermarket units are not very reliable.

My '08 Trail Touring Edge (550) starts & runs great! The battery is getting charged &, at idle, the lights are bright, the Tach works.
But .... rev it up a bit (the exact rpm varies) & the lights go dim (on battery power only??) & the Tach drops to zero.
There is precious little information in my Genuine Service Manual about checking the charging circuit, the stator.
I don't want to rip it out if not needed.
Any ideas about the problem would be GREATLY appreciated.
Any information about checking or measuring the charging circuit would be excellent (EC55PM).
Thanks all in advance.
Voltage regulator is bad, same symptoms I had when the one blew in my 2000.
Spend the money for the OEM Polaris one, the aftermarket units are not very reliable.
Agree mostly.
My older Edge Touring behaved much the same way. Replacing the voltage regulator fixed the problem. My sled is an old beater and the OEM part was $$$. The aftermarket part was $50. The original was also in a very awkward spot but the clips were convenient. I disconnected the old one, bolted the replacement on a bar near the clips, reconnected and all-good for cheap. FWIW. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom