• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Gearing??

I'm running an alternate gear, against this group think so to speak. But others are as well I know.

Stock, my sled has been an animal out of the box and I'm not 100% sure why. 8400 RPM in break in mode type of stuff, so I had to do something to load the motor more.

Anyway, I thought I'd join PSP because Rick on HCS said you all were a bunch of D bags on PSP. I may be a D bag too.

Welcome to PSP.
You will find a lot of good tuning info here. There is a lot of dual membership between boards. Everyone has their own opinion, you just have to weed out fact from fiction.

Thanks for advice Brock I will definitely check those things. I really want to GPS my speed and see if it is actually going slower or maybe guage is reading more realistic now.

There is no D bags on here. Some guys with a strong opinion yes but most respect each others

So Cory, you went from a 1.68 to a 1.73???

If you think you lost mph , can be numerous things.

Track tension is huge. 99% are running them way to tight and losing mph (Polaris specs). Warm track up on stand, check and make sure it hangs freely 1/2"

Chain tension: with parking break on. Move secondary back and forth . It should move 1/4" back and forth, but no more then 3/8".

You only need 0.100"-0.120" washer behind secondary and let it float out from there 0.120"

Belt deflection from Polaris specs is to loose. Adjust so track spins on stand but the belt doesn't squeal with sleds on ground

If you check all this and it's ok. Then it sounds like you have to much spring tension and not enough weight ?

Seems like a good helpful site here. Thanks for the welcome rabbi.

Exciting to own a sled that will pull 70g weights with a gold spring and really fun to ride!

Exciting to own a sled that will pull 70g weights with a gold spring and really fun to ride!
Make sure that your belt isn't too long also. That will make you add more weight and the clutches won't fully shift out.

Welcome to the site

Back
Top Bottom