• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

grass drag xcsp

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Who has set their edge(xcsp) up for grass dragging??

I have and they run good in 600 and 700 class.

Run 5.9 et consistently with a 2002 600 xcsp.

Anyone??

Yup. We used to run a 02 500 ,600, xcr800, and imp 700. Back in those days. The 500s ran well also We ran about same as you with the 600. 6.0 seems to ring a bell but I can't remember all the details. I think it was 62/64 up front with epi pink , can't recall the secondary but I liked the epi orange twisted to about 12.5-14lbs in the snow on thAt sled. I think ride height was about 3.5 inches bulkhead to dirt maybe 4. 9811 camoplast with 192 ???? Ish g2 thruster chisels. 20/40 maybe for gears. Been along time. Lots of good times. It was either 02 or 00 we set the tar stock 600 speed record in brainerd. With a 600ves also. That has long been beat and probably is t even fast by today's standards. Things came along way. Et wise

never heard of such things, next year when I upgrade my sled I'd love to have my XC ripping across fields in the summer. I'm all ears :) please give me a brief explanation. im curious how ya cool the engine

You build a "cool down cart" which generally in some fashion consists of a coil usually metal I made a bunch of them out of copper pipe with fins from hot water radiant heat pipe for houses. A batt car or motorcycle , a 12v pump I used electric fuel pumps for race car but only cause they were laying around there are cheaper options , some bulk auto heater hose , a cooler and 2 quick connects ( wahl bros. sells them. Remove thermostat guts from sled take hoses off brake caliper and install quick connect. Assemble the other parts in a loop fill cooler with ice or ice water to cool water flowing inside the loop as It cycles through the sled as it's parked after running it. Legally to race it can have only water in system but we added water wetter(redline) to add lubricity to water and keep engine cooler. You lower the sled (remove shocks and shim shafts ) to get proper ride height. Can chain it down but that kinda backyard. Add extra wheels to rear skid and use paper thin worn out old har slides. Or none at all. If you have enough wheels. Jet / gear / clutch. And away you go. !!! Run sled on stand to lean it out and build heat in the pipe but keep engine as cool as you can.

Lid thanks for all the info. that sounds like a friggen blast. but admittedly that process is so far beyond me its no even funny. I'd love to watch yer grass drag crew rip around though, sounds sweet

I haven't done it in years. But if your interested you should pursue it I'm sure if you do the reasearch and take it one step at a time you can handle it. The initial cool cart and set up is really easy once you get going one step at a time. Getting the sled to go down the track is no big deal , getting it to the podium not so easy. Once it's set up for grass it's now also only a few hours away to converting it to tar racing or Ice. Bottom line if it's something you want don't be afraid to pursue it.

Back
Top Bottom