• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Heated Shield and hand warmers

Justin Rutherford

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Indy XC 800
Good day folks;

Recently our Indy XC hand warmers and heated shield plug have been acting up.
Hand warmers on by them self work with no issues. Hi or Lo.
Heated shield on by itself with an FXR helmet works with no issues.
Both devices on at the same time and both turn off.
Kill the sled, restart it and I’m able to try it again and with the same result.
Wife’s hands get cold really quick no matter the glove and it’s unfortunately ruining her experience.

Last year we had no issues.

Any ideas?

I haven’t checked the fuse but I find it strange that it is intermittent and that I can essentially reset heater by restarting the sled.

I always find DC circuits hard to trouble shoot (not sure if this circuit is AC or DC). Below are my thoughts
  • There is a main breaker that may be defective or both accessories might be overloading it (think it is 20 amps). A breaker would show an on / off condition as it overloaded and then cooled. I am not sure if the warmers and shield are protected by this breaker.
  • There are fuses but once they blow they need replacement. Although there are some "fuses" that do reset like breakers.
  • Sounds like both warmers and shield are on the same circuit. Accessories that heat up, draw high amps. A pinched....nearly broken hot wire might not carry the total amps for both warmers and shield)
  • Similar, on this common circuit...a broken or dirty ground could be the problem.

Check out the post titled "heated visor plug", it talks about the load shed relay.

Back
Top Bottom