• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Help me choose

Brs077

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
FX Nytro
Hey all,

Have been a Yamaha rider for 30+ years, and have been waiting for a new sled for them to release something groundbreaking. After 6 years of the same old yamacat boredom I've decided to make the change, and am stuck between a titan or switchback. Hoping you all can give me some help deciding:

I am in NY riding mostly trails but do get a bit of boondocking in. Current sled is a heavily modified (suspension, riser, bars, turbo, tuned, stretched and widened) FX Nytro. I'm looking at 800 Titan XC 1.8" or 850 switchback assault with the 1.6 track.

About me: I ride standing up, 6'5" 380lb but appreciate the chance to sit on occasion, especially after a long day. Cornering stability is key given the amount of trail riding (and associated sudden maneuvering that comes with a high volume of mixed experience and intoxication levels).

Hoping to get some opinions on which first polaris (sled) I should buy.

Just a FYI , the Titan is more of a off trail utility sled with a 2 speed chaincase for hauling heavy loads. Its probably not what you are looking for and that chaincase is not going to like extended periods of higher speed trail riding.

Right unless your looking for a work sled. Don’t get the titan.

Back
Top Bottom