• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

How hot is to hot

1fastxc7

I seen temps today as high as 170. I had to keep getting off the trail to Cool this thing down. I know our snow isn't perfect but come on is there a fix for this?

the boiling point of a 50/50 mix (colant) is about 250 degrees f.

i normall run about 120-125 in snow and 130-150 hard down trail. i have gotten to about 165 b
efore i stop and find some snow

sorry i froze and couldnt spell check 165 before i find snow

i also wanted to add that u are probly safe but dont wana push past 200. opinions may vary

Interesting because I've noticed that the Axys cooling system is superior to the one with the nose cooler in the Pro R . I run on average 2 degrees (51 Celsius) cooler then my 2013 600 Pro R 53 Celsuis. Even as snow conditions change it stays almost the same.

sorry i froze and couldnt spell check 165 before i find snow

i also wanted to add that u are probly safe but dont wana push past 200. opinions may vary
I normally run 120to 127 but in my opinion 150 or higher is to hot. I would add another cooler if there was one available

Interesting because I've noticed that the Axys cooling system is superior to the one with the nose cooler in the Pro R . I run on average 2 degrees (51 Celsius) cooler then my 2013 600 Pro R 53 Celsuis. Even as snow conditions change it stays almost the same.
I have a 13 800 my wife rides and it was in the 180's

150 ur losing hp. It will det around 185-190 and go into limp mode.

From 120- 160 u have nothing to worry about. Just find better snow conditions to cool down

There are a couple things you can do: fuel modes will affect the engine running temp, so switching to eth can help: pulling t- stat or installing an aftermarket head cover with a high flow t- stat( Terra-Alps has one): engine ice can help too. My SKS has engine ice and no t-stat and on very low snow conditions yesterday never was over 140s.

There are a couple things you can do: fuel modes will affect the engine running temp, so switching to eth can help: pulling t- stat or installing an aftermarket head cover with a high flow t- stat( Terra-Alps has one): engine ice can help too. My SKS has engine ice and no t-stat and on very low snow conditions yesterday never was over 140s.
Doesn't engine ice freeze? What temps will it run in good snow?

engine ice won't freeze until -26. That stuff is really bad corrosive reacts with oxygen turns to gel. I won't let it touch anything I own. My Rush stays below 130 even riding right down the road lol

170 degrees is still ok .Hot light comes on at 185 degrees starts blinking at 201 at W.O.T. Temp can be a little higher if only at half throttle.Real high temps engine will automatically shut down.

Back
Top Bottom