• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy 800 clutching

Mark1234

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Indy 800 sp
has anyone installed the straight line performance clutch kit on the 2016 800 Indy, if so what works best for the tuneable weights. Thanks

I've never used Straightline weights before so I don't know the profile, heel , etc...

I guess your riding style, weight, track size, elevation all matter anyways

Has anyone ever used Straightline weights?

has anyone installed the straight line performance clutch kit on the 2016 800 Indy, if so what works best for the tuneable weights. Thanks
As Brock says let us know those details. Heres a vid of Stock Class racing, Clutching, gearing and Track swaps allowed. You want to beat up on the competition like this I can reccommend a clutch setup...

Awesome
Don't post that on doo talk or you'll be in trouble Eddie, lol :DRofl

Anyways,
Some good gearing and clutching combos from guys in here

It's all about the sixty foot Div20

Ohhh trust me they were speculating what was done to the sled. AT the time of this races I had maybe 400 miles on it. I spent 4hrs the day before these races tuning off the G-Tech timer and made great gains. The word was that i took the motor out right from brand new and had it DONE. Never mind tuning ability hey lol

As Brock says let us know those details. Heres a vid of Stock Class racing, Clutching, gearing and Track swaps allowed. You want to beat up on the competition like this I can reccommend a clutch setup...
My track is stock 121 1 inch & my weight is 185, I mostly trail ride but love to get out on the lakes & race probably around 600 to 650 foot drags & I have 144 studs in my track. Looking forward to any help u can give me. Thanks

Stock gearing works real well in the INDY, but for more bottom to mid range pull change the bottom gear to a 40 tooth. 66/44/46 with a 155/222 secondary spring or a 70/44/46 with a 140/240.
Primary use a 140/320 Spring and a set of 10-68g weights. Keep RPMs in the 8100-8200 range If you are revving over that you can drop the finish on the primary spring to a 310.

Stock gearing works real well in the INDY, but for more bottom to mid range pull change the bottom gear to a 40 tooth. 66/44/46 with a 155/222 secondary spring or a 70/44/46 with a 140/240.
Primary use a 140/320 Spring and a set of 10-68g weights. Keep RPMs in the 8100-8200 range If you are revving over that you can drop the finish on the primary spring to a 310.
K thanks I will pick these parts up & give it a try

Back
Top Bottom