• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy VR1 rewind handle rattle

skiinxs

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Indy
Anyone come up with a simple solution to the rewind handle making a terrible noise while riding. It's just vibrating so need some type of rubber wedge or something to keep it quiet.

Saw someone posted a picture that Polaris glued a piece of foam above the handle on the 22s to stop the rattle.

When was it built? sounds like it was a rolling change as guys with recently built sleds got it.
others mentioned using strips of the fuzzy part of velcro wrapped around the handle to take up the slack

When was it built? sounds like it was a rolling change as guys with recently built sleds got it.
others mentioned using strips of the fuzzy part of velcro wrapped around the handle to take up the slack
Looks like it was built in July. Came to dealer without spindles and 7s gauge. Thanks for the update! Will ask the dealer about the foam.

Definitely, even shows on the parts diagram now.

1644009565525.png

I just twist my handle 3 times to put a load on the handle then from the normal rest position I 180 it to rest it up side down werks,, so it ends up to be a total of 3.5 twists

I just twist my handle 3 times to put a load on the handle then from the normal rest position I 180 it to rest it up side down werks,, so it ends up to be a total of 3.5 twists
Thanks!!! Love a simple fix!

I wrapped a couple wraps of electrical tape around the handle at the contact points.
I have electric start, so I don't use handle often.
It's tucked away In there nicely.

Back
Top Bottom