• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy won’t start when new choke plunger installed

Ian kiefer

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Indy 500
So I just bought this 98 Indy 500. From the start the sled needed a new choke cable and plungers, but the guy put a little gas under the spark plugs and fired her up to show me it started. I got the new cable and plungers and put them on but couldn’t get the thing started even with a little gas under the spark plugs. So I pulled them back off and tried gas under the spark plugs and I was able to get it started. It seems that it has to be something with the new choke cable/ plungers. But they seem fairly simple to replace, so what am I doing wrong?

So I just bought this 98 Indy 500. From the start the sled needed a new choke cable and plungers, but the guy put a little gas under the spark plugs and fired her up to show me it started. I got the new cable and plungers and put them on but couldn’t get the thing started even with a little gas under the spark plugs. So I pulled them back off and tried gas under the spark plugs and I was able to get it started. It seems that it has to be something with the new choke cable/ plungers. But they seem fairly simple to replace, so what am I doing wrong?

Make sure its pulling the plunger far enough.

When. You set the plunger you need to make sure it bottoms out. With the plunger in the carb hole the fitting should be a lil bit proud of the threads. You should have to slightly push down on it to start it on threads to screw them in. Obviously when the flipper is pulled up they should come all the way up when flipper is in off position the should be bottomed out in card. And if you unscrew it it the fittings should pop up a lil bit off the treads.

Back
Top Bottom