• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Looking for opinions and input on 2015 RMK 155"

ewan

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2011 600 rush lx
Hi All I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I am shopping for a new sled and was leaning towards a 800 switchback/assualt as I am a 50/50 rider (trail/deep powder). Recently recieved a call from my local dealer that he can get me a sweetheart of a deal on a rmk 155 that is too good to pass up but nervous about the 155" on the trail (woods trails here are not hard pack groomed and we sometimes have low snow conditions, a little worried about overheating) With all that said I have been told by a few "experts" and dealer said the same, that if I change the 155x2.4 to a pre studded 155x1.6 and add scratchers I will be fine and will make the rmk more trail friendly but I will lose some deep snow capabilities with the shorter lug. Opinions please and thanks alot

First think I have to comment on id the year, and body style. Old motor and outdated chassis. Would have to be almost giving it away to make it worth ur while. Newer motor is all around better and is worth the extra coin, also the AXYS chassis is lighter and stronger then the Pro ride. 155 on trail is a bit long, does work but not what it's built for. Scratchers will defiantly help on lower snow conditions.

I agree with doc.
The axys is so much better the the pro r chassis

I have both sleds you mentioned but my rmk is a163"
I have had my assult in the mountains a few times with a deep lug track.
If your doing 50/50 the assult hands down.I had Ian at Monster Performance relvalve my shocks on the assult and put dual rate z broz springs on, That completely changed the sled and makes it a blast to ride on and off trail plus you can get major error and it's like riding on a pillow.

My buddy has a 155 pro.The long snowflap that comes on the new Axys with a 3" track helps drastically with temps and you have to ride constantly with scratchers if your not on the trail.

Back
Top Bottom