• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Making adjustable weights

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
IMG_0078.JPG
Got a jig made up and making a set of adjustable weights out of these epi belly busters.
Just trying this hole placement out and may try 4 holes too.

I like the belly buster profile , so that's why I'm trying these

Brock, do you think the tip weight is close enough to the tip?

I did it that way just as a test pass and copied the holes of the Ssi adjustables

I can put holes anywhere I want now

IMG_0100.JPG

STM super tips on top of 10 series.

You can see it's more aggressive of a curve in the jig then 10 series( jig is duplicating clutch)

Been using STM weights in a grass drag sled with good results. Also use them in a few ATV,s , easy to get weight where you need it.

Made my own epi belly buster adjustables because I like the profile and there 62 Rockwell hard all the way through the weight(not just a coatng). Takes clutch heat way better vs softer weights.
10 series are 62 Rockwell too while most otheres are softer with just a coating.
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0501.JPG

What does each magnet weigh, and how many can you put in a hole?

About one gram each and three per hole with a total of twelve weights

Or four magnets in each hole that are smaller and weigh about .7 grams each

brock this look awesome ,,my question has always been with the magnet weight..how much does the material weight in each given hole that was machined out? so when you add 3 magnets back are you equal to or greater then?? what you have going for you is the base weight I think is heavy enough to be able to load these at any given spot and make them to heavy. make sence?

brock this look awesome ,,my question has always been with the magnet weight..how much does the material weight in each given hole that was machined out? so when you add 3 magnets back are you equal to or greater then?? what you have going for you is the base weight I think is heavy enough to be able to load these at any given spot and make them to heavy. make sence?
These were 76 grams at the start before holes were made .
Now with all magnets in it's about 75.9 grams +\-. So basically the holes removed about 14 grams of material and the magnets replace it. So each hole equals about 3.5 grams of material taken out.

I chose 76 grams because I wanted a 62 gram target base weight when all holes were done with all holes empty. I wanted at least 8 magnets (about 70 grams) to give me good balance for the 800 power

Have you tested these weights yet?? I'm anxious to hear how this works out. Afraid to try the Ssi, and the gold stars are too lazy of a profile?

Cody g

Yes, tested them in two 2017 assault 800's. They work very well for fast trail and some racing . I have over 1000 miles on a set and Haulin has 760 on a set of epi adjustable magnet weights .
Great belt pinch at start ,up shifts quick and holds peek rpm nice.

Send me a set of 76 gram epi belly busters and I'll get them machined for you if you're interested

Where are the magnets coming from? Will Ssi, bikeman sell them alone?

Cg

I get the earth magnets from an auto parts store seperatly

Back
Top Bottom